Have you ever made too much key lime pie? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. This delicious dessert can be a bit tricky to get just right, so sometimes it’s easy to end up with an extra pie or two. But what do you do when you don’t want to eat the same thing for days on end? You freeze it! Read on for tips on how to freeze key lime pie so that you can enjoy it later on.
Yes, you can freeze key lime pie. The impact on taste will be minimal, but the impact on texture will be more pronounced. The crust may become soggy and the filling may become crystallized. How long it will last in the freezer depends on how well it is wrapped and how cold your freezer is.
Can You Freeze Key Lime Pie?
Yes, you can freeze key lime pie. The impact on taste is minimal and the impact on texture is also minimal. The key lime pie will last in the freezer for 2-3 months.
How To Freeze Key Lime Pie?
When you think of summer, key lime pie is probably one of the first desserts to come to mind. This iconic dessert is refreshing and perfect for warmer weather. If you’re lucky enough to have an abundance of key limes, here are the steps you need to follow to freeze key lime pie.
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit:
2. Take a 9×13 inch baking dish and line it with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Stir until well combined and press into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely before continuing on with the recipe:
Precautions to Take When Freezing Key Lime Pie
There are a few things you can do to prep your Key lime pie before freezing it.
1. Make sure that the crust is completely cooled before adding the filling. If the crust is still warm, the filling will melt and your pie will be a mess.
2. Freeze the pie for 2-3 hours before serving. This will help it maintain its shape and texture.
3. Serve frozen Key lime pies within 10-15 minutes for the best results.
How To Thaw Frozen Key Lime Pie
When you purchase a key lime pie, it is typically frozen. This means that the key lime pie needs to be thawed before it can be consumed. The following steps will show you how to thaw a previously frozen key lime pie for consumption now:
1) Place the key lime pie in the refrigerator and let it thaw for 24 hours. 2) After the key lime pie has thawed, place it in the freezer for 2-3 hours. 3) Take the key lime pie out of the freezer and let it thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes. 4) Enjoy your delicious key lime pie!
How Long Does Key Lime Pie Last (Stays Fresh) Outside at Room Temperature?
When it comes to the shelf life of key lime pie, there are a few things to consider. The first is the type of crust used. A graham cracker crust will last longer than a pastry crust. The second consideration is the filling. If fresh lime juice is used, the pie will only last 2-3 days. If bottled lime juice is used, the pie can last up to 7 days. The third consideration is how the pie is stored. If stored at room temperature, the pie will last for 1-2 days. If refrigerated, the pie will last for 3-4 days.
How Long Does Key Lime Pie Last (Stays Fresh) in the Fridge?
When it comes to Key lime pie, how long it will last in the fridge mainly depends on two things: how fresh the ingredients are and how well it was refrigerated. The fresher the ingredients, the longer it will last. As for refrigeration, key lime pie should always be stored in a container that is airtight and sealed. If it is not stored properly, it can spoil quickly. Most Key lime pies will last around three days in the fridge; however, if made with fresh ingredients, it might last up to five or six days.
How To Use Up Extra/Leftover Key Lime Pie?
There are many ways to use up leftover key lime pie. Here are a few ideas:
1. Serve it as a dessert for breakfast or brunch.
2. Freeze it and enjoy it as a frozen treat.
3. Make a key lime pie smoothie.
4. Turn it into a pudding or ice cream topping.
5. Add it to a fruit salad or yogurt parfait.
6. Eat it straight from the fridge as is.