Are you one of those people who has a lot of French toast leftover after a weekend brunch? Don’t worry, you don’t have to throw it away! You can freeze French toast for later use. Just follow these simple steps to make sure your French toast remains delicious when you thaw it out.
Yes, you can freeze French toast. The taste and texture will be slightly different after being frozen, but it will still be good. It will last in the freezer for about 2-3 months.
Can You Freeze French Toast?
Yes, you can freeze French toast. The impact on taste won’t be as good as fresh, but it’ll still be edible. The impact on texture will be worse, though. It’ll be more dense and less fluffy. It’ll last in the freezer for about 2-3 months.
How To Freeze French Toast?
1. The first step is to make the French toast. To do this, you will need some bread, eggs, milk, and sugar.
2. Cut the bread into thick slices and then beat together the eggs, milk, and sugar.
3. Soak the bread in the mixture for a few seconds on each side before frying it in butter or margarine until it is golden brown.
4. Once it is cooked, you can either eat it straight away or freeze it for later.
5. If you want to freeze it, allow it to cool completely before wrapping it tightly in cling film or foil. It will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Precautions to Take When Freezing French Toast
When freezing French toast, it is important to take some precautions to ensure that the dish comes out correctly when it is reheated. The first step is to make sure that the bread is dry before dipping it in the egg mixture. Then, cook the French toast until it is golden brown and slightly crispy. After it has cooled, you can then freeze it by wrapping each slice in plastic wrap and placing them in a freezer bag. When you are ready to eat them, remove them from the freezer and microwave them for a few minutes or until they are warm throughout.
How To Thaw Frozen French Toast
To thaw frozen French toast, you will need to take the following steps:
1. Place the frozen French toast in the refrigerator overnight. This will allow it to slowly defrost.
2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit before cooking the French toast.
3. Cook the French toast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until it is heated through and golden brown on top. Serve immediately with your desired toppings and syrup.
How Long Does French Toast Last (Stays Fresh) Outside at Room Temperature?
French toast generally stays fresh for about 1-2 hours outside at room temperature. After that, the bread starts to stale and the egg begins to cook, making it less safe to eat. So if you’re planning on keeping French toast out for more than a couple of hours, it’s best to refrigerate it.
How Long Does French Toast Last (Stays Fresh) in the Fridge?
The general consensus is that French toast will stay fresh in the fridge for 3-4 days. However, to be on the safe side, I would recommend eating it within 2 days.
French toast is made with bread and eggs, so when stored in the fridge, the bread will start to dry out and the eggs will spoil. Therefore, it’s important to not let it sit in the fridge for too long.
How To Use Up Extra/Leftover French Toast?
-Turn it into French Toast Casserole
-Turn it into French Toast Pudding
-Add it to a smoothie
-Make French Toast Sticks
-Make a breakfast burrito with French toast instead of tortilla
-Have a french toast breakfast sandwich with egg, cheese and bacon or sausage on top.