I’m sure you’re wondering if it’s possible to freeze pumpkin pie from Costco. In this post, I’ll share my findings and tips on how to freeze pumpkin pie. So, can you freeze pumpkin pie from Costco? The answer may surprise you! Read on to find out more.
Yes – you can freeze pumpkin pie from Costco, though the texture and taste may be impacted. It is best to freeze it as soon as possible after purchase, and will last in the freezer for about 2-3 months.
When freezing pumpkin pie, it is important to do so in a way that will not damage the structure of the dessert. One way to do this is to first freeze it on a baking sheet for about 2 hours, until solid. Then you can transfer it to an airtight container or Ziploc bag. This will help prevent freezer burn and maintain the quality of the pie.
Can You Freeze Pumpkin Pie From Costco?
Can you freeze pumpkin pie from Costco? The answer is yes, but the impact on taste and texture may not be what you’re expecting. The pumpkin flavor will remain relatively strong after freezing, but the texture may become a bit more dense and chewy. Frozen pumpkin pie will last for up to 3 months in the freezer.
How To Freeze Pumpkin Pie From Costco?
Making pumpkin pie is a Thanksgiving tradition in many households. If you want to enjoy pumpkin pie all year long, freezing it is a great option. Here are the steps to freeze pumpkin pie from Costco:
1. Let the pumpkin pie cool completely before freezing.
2. Cut the pumpkin pie into serving size pieces.
3. Wrap each piece of pumpkin pie in plastic wrap.
4. Place the wrapped pieces of pumpkin pie in a freezer bag.
5. Freeze the pumpkin pie for up to 3 months.
Precautions to Take When Freezing Pumpkin Pie From Costco
When you get a pumpkin pie from Costco, it is important to properly prepare it before freezing. This will ensure that the pie is able to last in the freezer for up to 2 months. Here are the steps you need to take:
1. Make sure that the pie is completely cool before freezing it.
2. Wrap the pie in plastic wrap and then put it in a freezer-safe bag.
3. Label the bag with the date of when you froze it.
4. Freeze for up to 2 months.
5. To thaw, let the pie sit at room temperature for about 2 hours or place it in the fridge for about 4 hours.
How To Thaw Frozen Pumpkin Pie From Costco
1. Take the frozen pumpkin pie out of the freezer and let it thaw for several hours on your countertop or in the fridge.
2. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Once the pumpkin pie is mostly thawed, put it on a baking sheet and bake it in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the filling is set and no longer wiggles when you shake the pie tin.
4. Let the pumpkin pie cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
How Long Does Pumpkin Pie From Costco Last (Stays Fresh) Outside at Room Temperature?
Costco pumpkin pies are usually made with real pumpkin, eggs, butter, sugar, spices, and a crust. They usually have a sell-by date stamped on the box or pie itself. As long as it’s stored at room temperature and not left out in the sun or extreme heat, it should be safe to eat after that date. But because they’re made with fresh ingredients, I would recommend eating them within 3-5 days of the sell-by date for the best flavor.
How Long Does Pumpkin Pie From Costco Last (Stays Fresh) in the Fridge?
The pumpkin pie from Costco will last in the fridge for about four days. It is generally safe to eat after four days, but it may not be as fresh and may not taste as good. If you have any doubts about whether or not the pumpkin pie is still safe to eat, it is best to discard it.
How To Use Up Extra/Leftover Pumpkin Pie From Costco?
-Turn it into a pumpkin smoothie by adding almond milk, banana and spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
-Add it to oatmeal or yogurt
-Make pumpkin muffins or pancakes
-Mix it with ground turkey or beef to make a savory Thanksgiving stuffing
-Add a spoonful to your morning coffee for added flavor and nutrients