I don’t know about you, but I always get too many muffins from Costco. I mean, they’re only $5 for a dozen and they’re so darn delicious, but inevitably I end up with more than we can eat. So what can you do when you have extra Costco muffins? Can you freeze them? The answer is yes, you can freeze Costco muffins! Keep reading to find out how.
You can freeze Costco muffins and they will last for up to 3 months. However, there may be a slight impact on taste and texture.
Can You Freeze Costco Muffins?
Yes, you can freeze Costco muffins! The impact on taste is negligible and the impact on texture is minor. They will last in the freezer for around two months.
How To Freeze Costco Muffins?
To freeze Costco muffins, first remove them from their packaging. Then, place them on a baking sheet and freeze for 2-3 hours. Once they are frozen solid, you can transfer them to a freezer bag or container. When you’re ready to eat them, simply thaw at room temperature or pop in the microwave for a quick reheat. Enjoy!
Precautions to Take When Freezing Costco Muffins
When it comes to Costco muffins, freezing is the best way to preserve them for later. However, there are some key steps you need to take in order to ensure that your muffins freeze without becoming soggy or freezer burned. Here’s a list of prep steps to take before freezing:
1. Let the muffins cool completely before wrapping them in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
2. Make sure that all the air is squeezed out of the wrapping material so that the muffins don’t get freezer burn.
3. Place wrapped muffins in a freezer bag and expel as much air as possible before sealing the bag shut.
4. Label the bag with the date and contents so that you know what’s in it and when it was frozen.
How To Thaw Frozen Costco Muffins
To thaw frozen Costco muffins, follow these steps:
1. Remove the muffins from their packaging and place them on a plate or baking sheet.
2. Leave them at room temperature for about 30 minutes, or until they are soft to the touch.
3. Once thawed, you can eat them as is, or reheat them in the oven or microwave before enjoying. Enjoy!
How Long Does Costco Muffins Last (Stays Fresh) Outside at Room Temperature?
Assuming you’re referring to unopened muffins, they should last about 2-3 days at room temperature. After that, they’ll start to stale and won’t taste as fresh. If you want them to last longer, you can store them in the fridge for up to a week.
How Long Does Costco Muffins Last (Stays Fresh) in the Fridge?
Generally, muffins will stay fresh for about four days in the fridge. However, it’s important to note that the term “fresh” can be subjective, as it may depend on how the muffin is stored and how long it has been since it was baked.
Generally speaking, it’s safe to eat Costco muffins past their “fresh by” date, but they may not taste as good as when they were first baked. To ensure that the muffins stay fresh for as long as possible, be sure to store them in a sealed container in the fridge and eat them within a few days of purchase.
How To Use Up Extra/Leftover Costco Muffins?
Ideas for using up extra Costco muffins:
1. Enjoy them as-is for a quick and easy breakfast or snack.
2. Package them individually and freeze for later.
3. Toss them into a blender with some yogurt or milk to make a smoothie.
4. Top them with homemade strawberry jam, Nutella, peanut butter, or other spreads.
5. Cube them and add them to a bowl of oatmeal or cereal.
6. Add them to a fruit salad or green salad for extra flavor and texture.
7. Make mini muffin pizzas – just top with sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings!
8. Turn them into breakfast burritos – scrambled