You’ve probably heard that you can freeze just about anything – but what about cooked oatmeal? Can you really pop a bowl of oatmeal in the freezer and expect it to taste good later on? Let’s find out!
Yes, you can freeze cooked oatmeal. It will impact the taste and texture of the oatmeal, but it will still be edible. It will last in the freezer for around 3-4 months.
Can You Freeze Cooked Oatmeal?
There is some debate over whether or not you can freeze cooked oatmeal. Some people say that the texture and taste are negatively impacted, while others maintain that freezing cooked oatmeal does not have a significant impact on either. In general, freezing cooked oatmeal will make it last for a longer period of time, but it is important to note that the texture and taste may be affected. If you do decide to freeze cooked oatmeal, it is best to do so in small batches so that you can thaw only what you need.
How To Freeze Cooked Oatmeal?
Cooking oatmeal on the stove is a quick and healthy breakfast option, but sometimes you may not have time in the morning to cook it. Freezing cooked oatmeal is a great way to have a quick and healthy breakfast ready to go. Here are the steps to freeze cooked oatmeal:
1. Cook oatmeal according to your recipe or using a package of instant oatmeal.
2. Let oatmeal cool completely before freezing.
3. Pour cooled oatmeal into a freezer-safe container or bag.
4. Label container or bag with the date and type of oatmeal (i.e., steel-cut, rolled, instant).
5. Freeze for up to 3 months.
6. To reheat, remove from freezer and let thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Precautions to Take When Freezing Cooked Oatmeal
Cooked oatmeal can be frozen for later use. However, there are some precautions you should take to make sure it freezes properly and is safe to eat later on. Here is a list of steps to follow:
1. Let the cooked oatmeal cool completely before freezing.
2. Package the oatmeal in airtight containers or freezer bags.
3. Make sure to remove as much air as possible from the containers or bags before sealing them shut.
4. Label the containers or bags with the date of freezing.
5. Frozen cooked oatmeal will keep for about 3-4 months.
How To Thaw Frozen Cooked Oatmeal
To thaw your frozen oatmeal, simply place it in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, give it a good stir and it will be ready to eat! If you’re in a hurry, you can also pop it in the microwave for a minute or two.
How Long Does Cooked Oatmeal Last (Stays Fresh) Outside at Room Temperature?
Cooked oatmeal will last for about four hours outside at room temperature. After that, it will start to spoil and is no longer safe to eat. If you need to keep your oatmeal fresh for longer, you can store it in the fridge for up to a week.
How Long Does Cooked Oatmeal Last (Stays Fresh) in the Fridge?
It will last in the fridge for about four days.
Oatmeal is a healthy breakfast choice that can help you start your day off right. Not only is it nutritious, but it’s also filling and satisfying. Oatmeal is a good source of fiber, protein, and antioxidants, all of which are important nutrients for keeping your body healthy.
However, like most foods, oatmeal also has a limited shelf life. If you don’t eat it within a few days of cooking it, you’ll need to refrigerate it or freeze it. Cooked oatmeal can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days or in the freezer for up to three months. Just make sure to thaw it out before eating it
How To Use Up Extra/Leftover Cooked Oatmeal?
1. Make an oatmeal breakfast smoothie – Add a cup of cooked oatmeal, a banana, and some milk or yogurt to a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Make oatmeal pancakes – Combine 1 cup of cooked oatmeal with one egg, a tablespoon of oil or melted butter, and a teaspoon of baking powder. Mix well and cook on a hot griddle like you would regular pancakes.
3. Make an “oatmeal cookie” breakfast bar – Combine 1/2 cup of cooked oatmeal with 1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup, 1/4 cup of raisins or other dried fruit, 1/4 cup of nuts (chopped), and 1 teaspoon