Have you ever had extra Trader Joe’s pizza dough and didn’t know what to do with it? Well, I have good news for you! You can freeze it! Here’s how.
(continue on with blog post)
Yes, you can freeze Trader Joe’s pizza dough. The impact on taste and texture is minimal, and it will last for up to two months.
Can You Freeze Trader Joes Pizza Dough?
Whether you’re a pizza fanatic or simply looking for an easy weeknight meal, Trader Joe’s frozen pizza dough is a great option. But can you freeze it? And if so, what’s the impact on taste and texture?
The good news is that yes, you can freeze Trader Joe’s pizza dough. However, the dough will lose some of its elasticity and flavor after freezing, so it may not be quite as delicious as when it’s fresh. The dough will also be a little more difficult to work with after being frozen.That said, if you’re willing to make a few small compromises, frozen Trader Joe’s pizza dough can still be a handy weeknight meal option. It’ll last in the freezer for up to two months.
How To Freeze Trader Joes Pizza Dough?
Are you a fan of Trader Joe’s pizza? If so, you’ll be happy to know that the dough is easy to freeze. Here are the steps:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut the dough into desired shape and size.
3. Place the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 8-10 minutes.
4. Let the dough cool before freezing.
5. Place the frozen dough in a sealed container or bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
6. To thaw, place the dough in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter for 2-3 hours.
Precautions to Take When Freezing Trader Joes Pizza Dough
When you get a Trader Joe’s pizza dough, it’s best to freeze it as soon as possible. This will help to keep the quality of the dough high. Here are some steps to take when freezing the dough:
1. Make sure that you have enough space in your freezer for the dough to be placed in a single layer. If there is not enough space, the dough can become freezer burned:
2. Freeze the dough for at least 2 hours. This will help to ensure that it is completely frozen:
3. When you are ready to use the dough, remove it from the freezer and let it thaw in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours:
4. Once the dough has thawed, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface.
How To Thaw Frozen Trader Joes Pizza Dough
Here are the steps you need to follow to thaw your frozen Trader Joes Pizza Dough:
1. Take the frozen dough out of the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes.
2. Once the dough has thawed, shape it into a ball and place it on a lightly floured surface.
3. Let the dough rise for 30 minutes before shaping it into a pizza crust.
4. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the pizza crust for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy!
How Long Does Trader Joes Pizza Dough Last (Stays Fresh) Outside at Room Temperature?
According to the Trader Joe’s website, their pizza dough will stay fresh for up to four days when stored at room temperature. However, they caution that it is best to consume the dough within two days to ensure food safety.
How Long Does Trader Joes Pizza Dough Last (Stays Fresh) in the Fridge?
Trader Joe’s pizza dough will usually stay fresh in the fridge for around three or four days. It’s best to keep it in a sealed container or bag so that it doesn’t absorb any flavors or smells from the fridge. The dough can also be frozen for up to two months, and thawed in the fridge before use. Just make sure it’s completely defrosted before you try to roll it out, or it’ll be very difficult to work with.
How To Use Up Extra/Leftover Trader Joes Pizza Dough?
– Make pizza rolls. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut dough into small strips, and then roll them up with your favorite toppings inside. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
– Make garlic knots. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut dough into small pieces, and then roll them into balls. Tie each dough ball into a knot, and then brush with garlic butter (or olive oil if you’d prefer). Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
– Make calzones. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll out the dough on a floured surface, and then place it