Can you freeze split pea soup? This is a question that many people have, especially those who love this delicious soup. The answer is yes, you can freeze split pea soup, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind. In this post, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about freezing split pea soup so that it stays fresh and flavorful. Keep reading for all the details!
Yes, you can freeze split pea soup. However, it will impact the taste and texture of the soup. Additionally, it will only last in the freezer for about 3-4 months.
Can You Freeze Split Pea Soup?
Yes, you can freeze split pea soup. The impact on taste is minimal, and the impact on texture is mostly unnoticeable. However, it will not last as long in the freezer as other soups. It is best to freeze it for 2-3 months.
How To Freeze Split Pea Soup?
1. Start by gathering your supplies. You will need a large pot, a spoon, a bowl, and some freezer bags or containers.
2. Begin by cooking the split peas in the large pot according to the package directions.
3. Once the peas are cooked, add in the remaining ingredients and stir well.
4. Let the soup cool completely before freezing it in bags or containers.
5. Make sure to label and date the soup before putting it in the freezer.
6. To reheat, simply thaw and heat up in a pot on the stove top until warmed through.
Precautions to Take When Freezing Split Pea Soup
When freezing split pea soup, it is important to take some precautions to ensure food safety. The first step is to make sure the soup is fully cooked and cooled. Then, package the soup in airtight containers or freezer bags. Make sure to label the packages with the date and contents. Finally, freeze the soup for up to three months. To thaw, place the container in the refrigerator overnight or use the defrost setting on your microwave.
How To Thaw Frozen Split Pea Soup
To thaw frozen Split Pea Soup, simply follow these steps:
1. Remove the soup from the freezer and place it in the refrigerator to thaw overnight.
2. Once thawed, transfer the soup to a pot on the stove and heat over medium heat until warmed throughout.
3. Serve and enjoy!
How Long Does Split Pea Soup Last (Stays Fresh) Outside at Room Temperature?
Split pea soup can last for several hours outside at room temperature, as long as it is kept in a covered container. If the soup is exposed to air, it will start to spoil more quickly. To be on the safe side, eat the soup within four hours of taking it out of the fridge.
How Long Does Split Pea Soup Last (Stays Fresh) in the Fridge?
In general, soups will last 3-4 days in the fridge. It’s best practice to leave at least an inch of headspace in the container to allow for expansion as the soup freezes and thaws. Split pea soup will last about 2-3 days in the fridge.
When storing soup, remember that bacteria grow most quickly at temperatures between 40°F and 140°F. To keep your soup safe from bacteria, be sure to store it in the fridge or freezer. If you’re reheating your soup, be sure to heat it until it reaches a boiling point. This will help kill any harmful bacteria that might be present in the food.
How To Use Up Extra/Leftover Split Pea Soup?
1. Eat it as a soup–sometimes we get so busy that we don’t have time to make a full meal, but we can easily reheat soup and eat it right out of the pot.
2. Add it to a salad–this is a great way to add some extra protein and fiber to your meal.
3. Use it as a dip for vegetables or whole grain crackers–again, this is a great way to add some extra nutrients to your snack.
4. Mix it with some cooked rice or quinoa and form into patties–these make a delicious, easy-to-eat lunch or dinner.
5. Freeze it in individual servings for