Can you really freeze raw potatoes and make them into delicious french fries? The answer may surprise you! In this blog post, we’ll explore the best way to freeze raw potatoes so that you can enjoy french fries any time you want. Keep reading to learn more!
Yes. The taste and texture of potatoes will be affected if they are frozen raw, but they can still be used for French fries. They will not last as long as potatoes that have been cooked.
Can You Freeze Raw Potatoes for French Fries?
If you’re looking for a way to make your french fries last longer, freezing them is a great option. Freezing raw potatoes will impact the taste and texture of the fries, but if you’re looking to save them for a later date, it’s a good way to go. The frozen fries will last around two months in the freezer.
How To Freeze Raw Potatoes for French Fries?
1. Peel and slice the potatoes into thin strips.
2. Soak the potato strips in cold water for 30 minutes to remove some of the starch.
3. Blanch the potato strips in boiling water for two minutes, then immediately cool them down in ice water.
4. Drain off any excess water and place the frozen potato strips into a sealable plastic bag or container.
5. Keep the potatoes in the freezer for up to six months.
To make french fries, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Fry your french fries in hot oil until they are golden brown and crispy, about 15 minutes. Serve with ketchup or other dipping sauces.
Precautions to Take When Freezing Raw Potatoes for French Fries
1. When freezing raw potatoes for french fries, there are a few precautions to take. First, make sure to thoroughly wash the potatoes in cold water:
2. Cut the potatoes into thin strips no more than 1/4 inch thick. This will help them cook evenly when they are fried:
3. Blanch the potato strips in boiling water for two minutes, then shock them in ice water to stop the cooking process:
4. Drain the potato strips and pat them dry with a paper towel:
5. Place the strips in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze for at least two hours:
6. Once frozen, transfer the strips to a resealable plastic bag and store in the freezer until ready to use:
7. To fry the frozen potatoes, preheat your oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for three minutes or until golden brown and crispy:
How To Thaw Frozen Raw Potatoes for French Fries
There are a few different ways that you can thaw frozen Raw Potatoes for French Fries. One way is to place them in the refrigerator overnight. Another way is to place them in a colander and run cold water over them until they are thawed. Once they are thawed, you can then cook them however you like!
How Long Does Raw Potatoes for French Fries Last (Stays Fresh) Outside at Room Temperature?
Raw potatoes for French fries can last up to four days when stored in a cool, dry place. However, if you’re planning on keeping them outside at room temperature, they’ll only stay fresh for two days. Either way, it’s important to keep an eye on them and make sure they don’t start to spoil. If you see any signs of mold or discoloration, toss them out.
How Long Does Raw Potatoes for French Fries Last (Stays Fresh) in the Fridge?
If you are looking to store potatoes for french fries, you will want to leave them in the cold. Place them in a paper bag in the fridge and they should last around two weeks. If you would like to freeze your potatoes for french fries, first blanch them (boil for a minute then place in ice water) then package and freeze. They should last around eight months this way. Just be sure to let them thaw before frying.
How To Use Up Extra/Leftover Raw Potatoes for French Fries?
There are many ways to use up leftover raw potatoes. Here are a few ideas:
-Use them to make mashed potatoes.
-Turn them into roasted potatoes.
-Make hash browns or potato pancakes.
-Fry them up into French fries or potato chips.
-Bake them into potato salad or a shepherd’s pie.