If you’ve ever had Oreo balls, you know they’re a delicious treat. But what if you have leftovers? Can you freeze them? Read on to find out!
Yes, you can freeze Oreo balls. They will keep for 1-2 months in the freezer.
Oreo balls will lose their crunchy texture when they are frozen, and they will also become a little bit chewier. The flavor of the Oreos will be preserved if they are frozen.
Can You Freeze Oreo Balls?
Oreo balls are a popular treat, but some people may wonder if they can freeze them. The answer is yes – you can freeze Oreo balls and they will retain their taste and texture. However, the freezing process will impact both taste and texture, so it’s important to understand how these changes will affect your final product. Oreo balls will last for about two months in the freezer.
How To Freeze Oreo Balls?
Here are the steps to freezing Oreo Balls:
1. Make the Oreo balls according to recipe instructions.
2. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making sure they’re not touching each other.
3. Put the baking sheet in the freezer for about 2 hours, or until the balls are frozen solid.
4. Transfer them to a zip-top bag and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Precautions to Take When Freezing Oreo Balls
Oreo balls are a delicious no-bake treat that can be made in minutes. To make sure your oreo balls turn out perfect every time, follow these simple steps:
1. Make sure the oreos are finely crushed. A food processor works best, but you can also use a ziplock bag and a rolling pin.
2. Mix the oreos with enough cream cheese to form a sticky dough.
3. Roll the dough into small balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Freeze for at least 2 hours, or until solid.
How To Thaw Frozen Oreo Balls
To thaw frozen Oreo balls, simply remove them from the freezer and let them sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Once they’ve thawed, they’re ready to eat!
How Long Does Oreo Balls Last (Stays Fresh) Outside at Room Temperature?
Oreo balls are typically made with Oreo cookies, cream cheese, and melted chocolate. Once assembled, they can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to three months. If you’re planning on keeping them at room temperature, however, they’ll only stay fresh for a day or two.
How Long Does Oreo Balls Last (Stays Fresh) in the Fridge?
Oreo balls will typically last between 2-3 weeks in the fridge. It’s best to store them in an airtight container to help them stay fresh for as long as possible.
As with most things, it’s always best to err on the side of caution and not eat anything that’s past the expiration date. However, if they do look or smell funny, definitely don’t eat them!
How To Use Up Extra/Leftover Oreo Balls?
– Oreo truffles: crumble up the leftover balls and use as a coating for truffles.
– Oreo ice cream: mix crumbled oreo balls into softened vanilla ice cream for an oreo flavored ice cream.
– Oreo milkshake: blend crumbled oreos with milk and vanilla ice cream for a delicious shake.
– Oreo brownies: mix crushed up oreos into your favorite brownie recipe.
– Oreo cake pops: dip the leftover balls into melted chocolate and then coat in sprinkles or nuts. Let them set before eating.
– Oreo cheesecake bites: press the oreo balls into cupcake liners, filling them about 3/4