Is there anything more frustrating than having to throw away moldy food? It feels like such a waste, especially when you know that perfectly good food is going to landfill. So can you freeze grated Parmesan cheese? And if so, how long will it last? Keep reading to find out!
Yes, you can freeze grated Parmesan cheese. The impact on taste and texture will be minimal, and it will last in the freezer for about two months.
Grated Parmesan cheese is a great way to add flavor to dishes without adding a lot of calories or fat. It’s also very easy to store and keep on hand. However, if you don’t use it all up before it goes bad, you can freeze it. Just make sure to thaw it completely before using it in a recipe.
Can You Freeze Grated Parmesan Cheese?
Yes, you can freeze grated Parmesan cheese. The impact on taste will be minimal, and the texture should remain mostly unchanged. However, it will only last in the freezer for about two months.
How To Freeze Grated Parmesan Cheese?
You can freeze grated Parmesan cheese by following these simple steps:
1. Spread a single layer of grated Parmesan cheese on a baking sheet:
2. Freeze for one to two hours, or until solid:
3. Transfer the frozen cheese to a resealable plastic bag or container:
4. Label and date the bag or container:
Precautions to Take When Freezing Grated Parmesan Cheese
When freezing grated Parmesan cheese, there are a few things to keep in mind. The cheese can be frozen for up to two months. When ready to use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Be sure to package the cheese in an airtight container or bag to prevent freezer burn. If using a plastic container, make sure it is freezer-safe. Finally, be sure to label and date the package.
How To Thaw Frozen Grated Parmesan Cheese
It’s really easy to thaw frozen grated Parmesan cheese. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Remove the desired amount of cheese from the freezer.
2. Place it in a bowl or on a plate.
3. Allow the cheese to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until it’s soft enough to eat.
How Long Does Grated Parmesan Cheese Last (Stays Fresh) Outside at Room Temperature?
Parmesan cheese is a hard, dry cheese that can last for a long time if stored properly. Grated Parmesan cheese will last for about 2-4 weeks in the fridge, while unopened Parmesan can last for up to 6 months. If you’re not sure if your Parmesan is still good, look for signs of mold or an unpleasant odor.
How Long Does Grated Parmesan Cheese Last (Stays Fresh) in the Fridge?
The shelf life of grated Parmesan cheese is about two weeks in the fridge.
Parmesan cheese is a hard, dry cheese that has a long shelf life. It can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks or in the freezer for up to six months. However, frozen Parmesan cheese will lose its flavor over time, so it’s best to use it within a few months.
When storing Parmesan cheese, make sure to keep it tightly wrapped in plastic or foil to prevent it from drying out. If it does dry out, you can revive it by crumbling and sprinkling it over some hot pasta sauce.
How To Use Up Extra/Leftover Grated Parmesan Cheese?
1. Sprinkle it on top of your food as a garnish- this is especially great on pasta dishes, pizza, and salads.
2. Add it to your soup or sauce- this will give your dish an extra boost of flavor.
3. Mix it with some herbs and spices to make a quick and easy Parmesan cheese dip.
4. Use it as a coating for chicken or fish- this will give your dish a crispy and delicious outer crust.
5. Make some savory Parmesan cheese biscuits or rolls to go with your meal.