Cooked pulled pork can be a great thing to have on hand. It’s versatile and easy to reheat, making it the perfect meal for a busy day. But what do you do if you have more cooked pulled pork than you know what to do with? Can you freeze it? And if so, how? Keep reading to find out!
Yes, you can freeze cooked pulled pork. The taste and texture will be slightly affected, but it should last for around 3-4 months.
Cooked pulled pork can be frozen in either an airtight container or a freezer bag. Make sure to remove as much of the air as possible before sealing it shut. The pork will keep its best quality if you freeze it within 2-3 days of cooking it.
When you’re ready to eat the frozen pork, let it thaw in the fridge overnight or microwave it on low power until it’s heated through. IMPORTANT: Do not refreeze any meat that has been previously thawed.
Can You Freeze Cooked Pulled Pork?
Can you freeze cooked pulled pork? The answer is yes – but there are some things to consider when doing so. First, freezing cooked pulled pork will affect the taste and texture of the meat. Second, it will only last in the freezer for about 3 months.
How To Freeze Cooked Pulled Pork?
There are a few simple steps to freezing cooked pulled pork. First, allow the pork to cool completely. Once it is cooled, transfer it to an airtight container or freezer bag. Squeeze out any excess air and seal the container or bag. Label it with the date and contents, and then place it in the freezer. When you’re ready to eat it, thaw the pork in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat it in a skillet on the stovetop until warmed through.
Precautions to Take When Freezing Cooked Pulled Pork
When you’re ready to freeze your cooked pulled pork, there are a few key steps you’ll want to take to make sure it stays safe and tastes great.
1. Make sure the pork is completely cooled before freezing. This will help reduce the risk of bacteria growth.
2. Package the pork in airtight containers or freezer bags. This will prevent freezer burn and keep the pork tasting fresh.
3. Label the packages with the date so you know how long they’ve been in the freezer. Frozen pork can be stored for up to 3-4 months.
How To Thaw Frozen Cooked Pulled Pork
The best way to thaw frozen cooked pulled pork is by placing it in the refrigerator overnight. You can also place it in a bowl of cold water and change the water every 30 minutes until it has thawed.
1. Place the frozen cooked pulled pork in a large resealable bag and seal tightly.
2. Submerge the sealed bag in cold water, changing the water every 30 minutes, until the pork has thawed.
3. When thawed, remove any excess liquid and discard.
4. Heat the pork in a skillet over medium heat until heated through. Enjoy!
How Long Does Cooked Pulled Pork Last (Stays Fresh) Outside at Room Temperature?
The USDA advises that cooked pork lasts 3-4 days outside of the fridge.
When storing any type of meat, be sure to keep it in a sealed container at room temperature so that bacteria cannot grow. If you do not have a sealable container, store the meat in a tightly wrapped plastic bag.
How Long Does Cooked Pulled Pork Last (Stays Fresh) in the Fridge?
The general rule of thumb is that cooked pork lasts in the fridge for up to four days or in the freezer for up to six months.
However, it’s important to bear in mind that the quality and safety of cooked pork will degrade the longer it’s stored. For this reason, it’s usually best to eat cooked pulled pork as soon as possible. If you can’t eat it right away, make sure to store it in an airtight container and refrigerate or freeze immediately.
How To Use Up Extra/Leftover Cooked Pulled Pork?
There are lots of ways to use up leftover cooked pulled pork. Here are a few ideas:
1. Add it to tacos or burritos.
2. Make a pulled pork sandwich.
3. Serve it over rice or mashed potatoes.
4. Use it in a soup or stew.
5. Add it to a salad.