If you’re anything like me, you always have leftover sloppy joes after a cookout. But can you freeze them and eat them later? Read on to find out!
Yes, you can freeze sloppy joes. However, the taste and texture of the dish may be affected. It is best to eat within 2-3 months for optimal flavor.
Can You Freeze Sloppy Joes?
Whether you call them Sloppy Joes, Manwiches, or American Heroes, this classic diner dish is a favorite of many. The mixture of ground beef, tomato sauce, and spices is usually cooked on the stovetop and served on a bun. But what happens if you make too much or don’t want to eat it all right away? Can you freeze sloppy joes?
The answer is yes – but there are a few things to keep in mind. First, freezing will affect the taste and texture of the sandwich meat. It may be a little drier after being frozen and thawed. Second, freezing can also change the color of the meat. It may not look as appetizing after it’s been frozen and thawed.
How To Freeze Sloppy Joes?
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the sloppy joes in an even layer.
3. Freeze for 2 hours, or until solidified.
4. Transfer the frozen sloppy joes to a resealable bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
5. To reheat, place the frozen sloppy joes in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.
Precautions to Take When Freezing Sloppy Joes
When freezing sloppy joes, there are a few key things to remember in order to ensure that they turn out properly. First, make sure to prepare the dish according to your recipe before freezing. Freezing it in individual portions can also help with reheating and serving later on. Finally, here is a list of steps that you can take to make sure your sloppy joes are frozen perfectly:
1. Make sure the sloppy joes are completely cooled off before freezing.
2. Freeze them on a baking sheet so they don’t stick together.
3. Once they’re frozen, put them in a freezer bag or container and label it accordingly.
4. They will last for about 3-4 months in the freezer.
How To Thaw Frozen Sloppy Joes
To thaw previously frozen Sloppy Joes for consumption now, simply follow these steps:
1. Take the frozen Sloppy Joes out of the freezer.
2. Place them in a microwave-safe dish.
3. Microwave on HIGH power for 1-2 minutes, until thawed.
4. Serve and enjoy!
How Long Does Sloppy Joes Last (Stays Fresh) Outside at Room Temperature?
If you’re keeping your sloppy joes at room temperature, they’ll be fine for about two hours. After that, they should be refrigerated to keep them fresh. If you’re serving them hot, they’ll be fine for about an hour. Again, after that they should be refrigerated. So, in general, sloppy joes will last for a couple of hours at room temperature and then need to be stored in the fridge.
How Long Does Sloppy Joes Last (Stays Fresh) in the Fridge?
Sloppy Joes can last in the fridge for about 3-4 days. After that, it’s not safe to eat anymore. Make sure to store them in an airtight container or ziploc bag to keep them fresh.
How To Use Up Extra/Leftover Sloppy Joes?
Here are a few ideas of how to use up leftover Sloppy Joes:
-Serve them as a sandwich on a bun.
-Serve them over rice or pasta.
-Add them to a wrap.
-Make a Sloppy Joe pizza.
-Have them as a dip with chips or breadsticks.
-Freeze them for later use.