Who doesn’t like sweets? My family loves to bake every weekend. One of our favorite desserts is brownies because it’s easy to bake. You can add different toppings like nuts, chocolate chips, etc. You can also choose from different chocolates. But have you tried cold brownies?
Baked goods are more famous in holidays. However, if you’re caught with the other dishes, wrapping of gifts, and other preparations, then dessert is being compromised. That’s why freezing baked goods gives you extra time to focus on other things.
Can You Freeze Brownies?
If you mistakenly made a big pan of brownies, then freezing the rest might be a good idea. Whether it has frost or it is buttery, you can still do this method. Wrapping them individually in plastic wraps then putting everything in a large sealable bag is the answer.
There are different kinds of brownies but regardless of their flavor, freezing is a preservation method which changes the taste of food. Don’t worry, though, as you can still adjust the taste based on your preference.
Don’t be scared to try this procedure. You can bake a small amount of your usual brownie recipe then put it in the freezer. If you saw small pieces of ice on it, it’s totally fine.
If you have small lunch boxes at home, then they’re perfect containers for your brownie leftovers. Just don’t forget to freeze your brownies completely. It can last for a month and thaw it on the kitchen counter.
Believe it or not, most people like it frozen. Those who have tried it enjoy their frozen brownies. What they usually do is wrap the bite size pieces in saran wrap, cover them with foil, keep them in a Ziploc bag, then freeze.
Try these steps and you’ll notice that the family members can’t get enough. Try freezing a big batch and notice that right after totally freezing them, only 5 pieces or less remain. You’ll be glad that they weren’t put into waste.
How to Freeze Brownies?
If you’d like a different kick into your brownies, you can try adding a little bit of salt on top. The sweet, salty, and cold features are good mix. Freezing also adds more moisture on your brownies.
Prepare a wire rack, plastic wrap or aluminum foil, plastic containers, knife, resealable plastic bags, and a freezer tape. Bake the brownie and you’re good to go. Here’s how to freeze your delicious treats:
- Let the brownies cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut them based on your preferred sizes.
- Wrap each piece with the plastic wrap.
- After doing so, put them in a resealable plastic bag.
- Label with the expiration date then freeze.
Tips and reminders:
- If you’re planning to freeze a large amount, make sure to under bake them.
- No need to transfer them to a plastic bag. Just cover the pan with a plastic wrap.
- Put freezer tape to seal the wrap.
- Thaw at room temperature.
- Heat them up for about 10 minutes.
- Don’t keep them in the freezer longer than 4 months.
Explore your brownies to make them more exciting by adding some toppings or even put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. If you don’t have cocoa powder at home, you can use any instant chocolate drink for substitute. After doing so, you might prefer to freeze them before having a bite.
How To Use Up Extra/Leftover Brownies?
Brownies are a delicious and easy to make dessert that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. But what do you do when you have extra brownies? Here are five delicious ways to use up your leftover brownies:
- Make a trifle – A trifle is a layered dessert that can be made with a variety of different ingredients. To make a brownie trifle, simply layer brownie pieces, whipped cream, and your favorite fruit or sauce in a glass bowl.
- Brownie sundaes – Brownie sundaes are a fun and easy way to enjoy your leftover brownies. Just add some ice cream and your favorite toppings, and you’ve got a delicious treat that everyone will love.
- Brownie milkshakes – If you’re in the mood for a cold treat, try making brownie milkshakes. Just add some milk and ice cream to a blender with your brownies, and you’ll have a delicious and refreshing drink in no time.
- Brownie bites – Brownie bites are a great way to make use of those small pieces of leftover brownie that you may have. Simply roll the brownie pieces into bite-sized balls, and then dip them in chocolate or your favorite frosting.
- Brownie pancakes – Start your day off with a sweet treat by making brownie pancakes. To make them, simply add some brownie pieces to your pancake batter before cooking. You can also top them with chocolate sauce or your favorite toppings.
So there you have it – five delicious ways to use up your leftover brownies. Next time you find yourself with extra brownies, try one of these recipes and enjoy!
You only have 45 minutes to satisfy your cravings? Then this one’s perfect for you. This addicting dessert will make you want more.
This recipe will turn your world upside-down. It melts in your mouth. No need to add frosting.
Easy Double Chocolate Chip Brownies
You shouldn’t miss this one. Its texture due to chopped nuts and the scent of vanilla are perfect for any occasion. The steps are easy for beginners to follow.
In conclusion, freezing brownies is a great way to preserve them and eat them later. However, if you freeze your baked goods incorrectly, it can change the flavor of the food. Wrapping individual pieces in plastic wrap before freezing them with everything else in a sealable bag should do the trick! If you want to turn your brownies into a more portable and convenient dessert, the freezer is an excellent place for them.