There’s nothing like a Honey Baked Ham during the holidays. But what do you do if you have leftover ham? Can you freeze it? Turns out, you can! Keep reading to find out how.
Yes. The taste and texture will be noticeably different after freezing and thawing, but the ham will still be edible. It might not be quite as delicious as a fresh honey baked ham, but it’ll still be good. The ham will last in the freezer for several months.
Can You Freeze a Honey Baked Ham?
Are you looking for an easy, delicious way to feed a large group of people? A honey baked ham may be the perfect solution! But what do you do if you don’t have time to bake one? Can you freeze a honey baked ham?
The answer is yes – you can freeze a honey baked ham with minimal impact on taste or texture. In fact, many people prefer the frozen version, as it tends to be moister than the fresh version. How long will it last in the freezer? That depends on how well it was wrapped and how cold your freezer is, but typically, a honey baked ham will last for 3-4 months.
How To Freeze a Honey Baked Ham?
1. Honey Baked Ham is a holiday favorite, but sometimes there’s just too much left over.
2. Here’s how to freeze a Honey Baked Ham so you can enjoy it later in the year.
3. First, remove the ham from the packaging and place it on a baking sheet.
4. Make sure the ham is completely thawed before cooking.
5. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 15 minutes per pound.
6. Let the ham cool before slicing and serving.
Precautions to Take When Freezing a Honey Baked Ham
When freezing a Honey Baked Ham, make sure to follow these steps to ensure the ham is properly prepared and frozen:
1. Thoroughly rinse the ham with cold water.
2. Place the ham in a large pot and cover with water.
3. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the ham from the pot and place in a large bowl or baking dish.
5. Pierce the ham all over with a fork.
6. Pour honey over the top of the ham and spread evenly.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
How To Thaw Frozen a Honey Baked Ham
To thaw a frozen Honey Baked Ham, remove it from the freezer and let it sit on the counter for 8-10 hours. Make sure to let it sit at room temperature, not in the fridge, as this will cause bacteria to grow. The ham can also be thawed in the microwave – on defrost mode – but doing so will result in some moisture loss.
Once it’s thawed, preheat your oven to 325 degrees F and cook for 15 minutes per pound. So a 10-pound ham would cook for 150 minutes (2 hours and 30 minutes). You can also use a convection oven which will reduce the cooking time by about 25%. And finally, if you have a smoker, you can
How Long Does a Honey Baked Ham Last (Stays Fresh) Outside at Room Temperature?
Assuming that you’re talking about a whole, uncut ham, it will last for up to two weeks stored in a cool, dry place. If you plan on keeping it longer than that, it’s best to freeze it. Once the ham has been cut, however, it should be eaten within 7-10 days.
How Long Does a Honey Baked Ham Last (Stays Fresh) in the Fridge?
Honey Baked Ham says that their hams are safe to eat after the “sell by” date on the package. However, they recommend that the ham be cooked within 7 days of purchase.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has similar guidelines. They say that raw meat, including ham, can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days after purchase. If you’re going to freeze it, they recommend freezing it within 2 days of purchase. Once the meat has been frozen, it can be stored for up to 6 months.
How To Use Up Extra/Leftover a Honey Baked Ham?
– Honey Baked Ham and Swiss Sliders: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice honey baked ham thin and place on slider buns. Top with a slice of Swiss cheese. Bake for 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted and ham is warm.
– Ham, Apple, and Gouda Grilled Cheese: Preheat grill or panini press to medium-high heat. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread. On the same side as the mayo, top two slices of bread with ham, apple slices, and Gouda cheese slices. Close sandwiches with remaining slices of bread. Grill for 3-4 minutes per side, until