Have you ever grilled chicken and had too much leftovers? I know I have. And, if you’re like me, the last thing you want to do is eat the same thing for lunch and dinner for the next few days. So, what can you do with all that grilled chicken? You could freeze it! Yes, that’s right, you can freeze grilled chicken and enjoy it later on in the week. But how long will it last in your freezer? And how do you go about freezing it? Keep reading to find out!
Yes. The frozen chicken will have a slightly different taste and texture than fresh grilled chicken, but it will still be edible. It will last in the freezer for about 3-4 months.
Can You Freeze Grilled Chicken?
Yes, you can freeze grilled chicken. The taste and texture of the chicken will be affected, but it will still be edible. How long the chicken will last in the freezer depends on how well it was frozen.
How To Freeze Grilled Chicken?
Grilled chicken is a summer staple, but what do you do when you have leftovers? This easy guide will show you how to freeze grilled chicken so you can enjoy it all year long.
1. Start by cooking your chicken on the grill. Make sure it is fully cooked before freezing.
2. Let the chicken cool down before freezing. You can place it in the fridge or freezer to speed up the process.
3. Once the chicken is cooled, cut it into small pieces or strips. This will help it freeze faster and make it easier to reheat.
4. Place the chicken in a freezer-safe bag or container and label with the date. Be sure to write “thawed” on the label so you know how to cook it properly.
5. Freeze for 2-3 months or until needed.
Precautions to Take When Freezing Grilled Chicken
Grilled chicken is a versatile and healthy addition to any meal, but it can be tricky to freeze. Follow these simple steps to ensure your grilled chicken freezes well and is ready to cook when you need it.
1. Make sure your chicken is completely thawed before freezing. Frozen chicken can result in freezer burn or ice crystals that can make the chicken tough and dry when cooked.
2. Cut the chicken into smaller pieces before freezing for easier cooking. This will also help the chicken freeze faster.
3. Place the chicken in a single layer on a baking sheet or plate and freeze for 2-3 hours until solid. This will help prevent the chicken from sticking together when frozen.
4. Once frozen, place the chicken in a labeled zip-top bag or airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How To Thaw Frozen Grilled Chicken
To thaw frozen grilled chicken, follow these steps:
1. Remove the frozen chicken from its packaging.
2. Place the chicken in a microwave-safe dish.
3. Microwave the chicken on the defrost setting for several minutes, until it is thawed.
4. Once thawed, cook the chicken immediately or refrigerate it until you are ready to cook it.
How Long Does Grilled Chicken Last (Stays Fresh) Outside at Room Temperature?
It should be safe to eat grilled chicken that has been left at room temperature for up to four hours. However, it is best to consume grilled chicken as soon as possible after it has been cooked.
When you are finished cooking the chicken, let it cool down for a few minutes before putting it on a plate. Cover the plate with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and put it in the fridge. The chicken will be good for up to three days.
How Long Does Grilled Chicken Last (Stays Fresh) in the Fridge?
The safe answer is 3-4 days. However, grilled chicken might last a little longer than that.
The USDA recommends 3-4 days as the maximum amount of time chicken can be stored in the fridge before it goes bad. This is because bacteria will start to grow on the chicken at a rapid pace after that point.
However, if you’re careful to only store cooked chicken and not raw chicken, then it might last a little bit longer – maybe up to 5-6 days. Just keep an eye on it and use your best judgement; if it starts to look or smell strange, then don’t eat it!
How To Use Up Extra/Leftover Grilled Chicken?
1. Make a simple grilled chicken salad.
2. Add grilled chicken to a green salad.
3. Make a quesadilla with grilled chicken, cheese, and your favorite toppings.
4. Serve grilled chicken as part of a wrap with lettuce, tomatoes, and your favorite dressing or dip.
5. Use grilled chicken as the main ingredient in a sandwich or burger.
6. Toss leftover grilled chicken with some roasted vegetables for an easy dinner dish.
7. Add shredded or diced grilled chicken to soup or stew for added protein and flavor.